CJ Metals’ Top Tips for Car Care
We all complain about how much a car costs to run, never mind replacing it with a new one! Here at CJ Metals, we are committed to the efficiency of your motor. That is why we have compiled a few handy tips for you to prolong the life of your car:
- Firstly, keep an ear out for any strange noises. Also be aware of any different sensations, like vibrations or rattles. The sooner you get them checked out, the smaller the problem will be.
- If you need to replace one of your car parts pop by our breakers yard, we have a great range at extremely competitive rates. It’ll be a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
- Keep changing your engine oil. Old oil can become gritty and thus create friction which damages your engine. We recommend you change it every 3000-5000 miles.
- Keep your eye out for the brake fluid and make sure there is enough. Without it, the brake pads can get seriously harmed.
- Believe it or not, simply cleaning your car can extend your car’s life. A clean exterior can limit the threat of rust and corrosion.
- Be aware of how you drive. Sudden starts and stops wear out your engine quicker. Smooth driving is recommended.
So, there you go. But if you definitely have to move on to a shiny new motor (lucky you), here are some guidelines for how to dispose of your car. With scrap cars, we want minimal waste:
- Bring your car to us.
- Provide your logbook and proof of your address.
- The car becomes our responsibility.
- We will post you a Certificate of Destruction if you would like one.
So, we’ve taken you through the process of scrapping your car. For the environmentally-minded amongst you, we share your values and take all necessary care. We dispose of all motors alongside the Environment Agency guidelines and the ELV Directive.
Your old banger will be in safe hands with us.