How to Load a Skip
Loading a skip can be quite hard work, especially if you want to make the most of the space and pack as many things as possible in it. Whether you’re clearing the garden or refitting a new bathroom or kitchen, it’s important that you make use of the skip you’ve hired effectively.
Here are a few tips to consider when loading your skip –
- Start with the flat items such as work tops and doors etc.
- Next load bulkier items that are on a larger scale.
- Following this, break up or crush any small items, such as wooden panels or furniture and add to the skip.
- Finally pack the remaining objects into the skip around the loaded items, making sure there are no air pockets.
At CJ Metals, we have a number of skips to choose from; if you have scrap metal, there is a skip you can use free of charge. For general waste there are a number of options available at a price by size, we also supply roll on roll off solutions. For more information visit our Skip Hire Page here.
It is important to remember when loading your skip that you can’t put everything in it, as certain items can be dangerous.
Here are few examples of items that can’t be put in a skip –
- Fridges, freezers, air conditioning units
- Paint and cans of paint
- Gas bottles, gas canisters
If you’re looking into hiring a skip please call us on Keighley 01535 669 899 to discuss your skip requirements and we will advise as to the best solution and type of skip for your needs.