Scrap my car: why choose CJ Metals?
When our vehicles come to the end of the road and the time comes to scrap them we want to make sure it’s all done responsibly in an environmentally friendly way and that we receive a price for it.
Government legislation introduced in 2005 makes it a legal requirement that any vehicle sent to be scrapped must go to an authorised de-pollution treatment facility. All vehicle scrap yards must have a licence issued by the Environment Agency, to ensure that scrapped vehicles do not pollute our environment.
Here are five reasons why you should trust CJ Metals to scrap your vehicle conveniently and professionally, without harming the environment:
- We’re fully authorised. We are an accredited ATF (Authorised De-pollution Treatment Facility). This means we are fully qualified to scrap your vehicle in a way that doesn’t harm the environment by correctly disposing of harmful toxic substances from vehicles, such as battery acid and gearbox oil.
- We get the most out of your scrapped vehicle. We maximise the percentage of the vehicle we recycle. The government’s ELV (End of Vehicle Directive) sets this level at 85%, however we’re exceeding this target, achieving a 95% rate over the last two years- well above the government’s target.
- We’ll collect. Our scrap collection service means we’ll come to you and collect your vehicle if you are in our regional boundary, whether it be car, van, lorry or other commercial vehicle, making it easy and convenient for you to get rid of it.
- We offer competitive prices. We’ll give you a fair price for your old vehicle and we also abide to the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013, which means we’ll pay you by cheque or bank transfer. See how much you can get by visiting our car scrappage quote page
- We’re experienced. The family behind CJ Metals has a rich heritage in the scrap metal industry which dates back to the 1960s. We follow a strict ethical policy and ensure that we only receive scrap from reputable sources.
To find out more, please call our Keighley recycling yard on 01535 669 899 or our Wakefield recycling yard on 01924 273649.